Clubs are advised the 2023 AGM will take place on Tuesday 17 October, to be followed by an SGM. The Agenda for both meetings will be issued by Monday 25 September.
Call for Board Member nominations
Any member of the community may nominate for the FencingSA Board. Nominations are not for any particular position, positions will be assigned internally by the Board members following the AGM.
You do not need to have actively fenced to nominate for the Board - the current Board is a mix of fencers, fencing parents and coaches. We are seeking members of our community who want to contribute to the strategic development of the sport in SA.
Board roles and responsibilities
Being on the Board includes, but is not limited to:
- Attending and participating at Board meetings (every four weeks), having read and considered the relevant papers
- Actively undertaking the work of the Board
- Respecting the confidentiality of Board meetings and proceedings
- Being supportive of the FSA calendar of events, and attending/assisting where possible
- Be in writing, on this form.
- Be endorsed by an affliliate member (club), and disclose any position the nominee holds in a Club, including as an Officer, a Participant, a Delegate or an Employee.
- Be sent via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Be received no later than 5pm Monday 11 September 2023.